Well, it’s official. The first month of the year has come to a close. This past month we managed to:
- Buy a new car.
- Turn 40 (well, me.)
- Keep a tiny human alive.
Overall I’m pretty pleased with those accomplishments. Here’s what I learned:
- Tiny humans make a lot of noise and a lot of laundry.
- It takes approximately an eternity to buy a new car.
- 40 is exhausting. (Just kidding, having an infant is exhausting
- Sleep deprivation delirium is real.
- Cloth diapers are not for the weak.
- I have magical breasts.
- I have the best husband in the world.
Seriously though. It’s been an incredible month. We have such a great baby, even if we are working through some gassy tummy issues. So far motherhood has been beautifully exhausting.
I love watching our little man grow and I’m looking forward to a few (hundred) more exciting months.
Photos from January 1 and January 31; what a difference a month makes in chubby baby cheeks!